More Articles for geosynthetics
Geosynthetics of all types speed construction allowing bridges, highways to be built faster and enhance pavement performance Geosynthetics comprise a family of value-added products that allows bridges, highways and roads to be built faster, cheaper and to last longer. Some geosynthetics enhance ...
Geosynthetics Speed Construction While Enhancing Pavement Performance Geosynthetics comprise a family of value-added products that allows highways, roads and bridges to be built faster, cheaper and longer lasting. Some geosynthetics enhance pavement longevity by separating good materials from bad. Some promote water flow ...
Weighing the Options ‘Back to gravel’ doesn’t have to be the only choice for a failing road … even if funds are scarce. By Mike Anderson Ken Skorseth isn’t down on asphalt; he’s up on options for cash-strapped agencies facing expiring or deteriorating ...
Installing an SRW properly will avoid a range of problems and costly corrections. Here’s how to do it. by Gabriela Mariscal, Geotechnical Engineer, National Concrete Masonry Association Modular block walls, or segmental retaining walls (SRWs) are a type of mechanically stabilized earth ...
- Wrongly fired DOT employees return to work1475 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority823 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles710 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans520 Views
- Construction error and weather causes new pavement to crumble within hours503 Views