More Articles for geofoam
The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) has promoted the use of expanded polystyrene (EPS) geofoam as a lightweight embankment soil alternative for a number of years. In a 2006 report, the agency's Technical Service Team described the material as a “field-tested, budget-friendly ...
Soft, compressible soils provide special challenges to the construction of transportation infrastructure projects. Geofoam and ground improvement techniques can be used in these soils to get roads and bridges in place quickly, while reducing long-term maintenance costs. by Matt Fielding, P.E ...
- Firearms to be used for road construction763 Views
- Highway Trust Fund 2014: Timeline of Events692 Views
- POLL: Majority of Americans would rather pay tolls than taxes622 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines579 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up481 Views