More Articles for gabion walls
Quiet Moves A war is being waged on noise generated by pavements and highways. By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Today, highway noise is considered an undesirable emission, just as if it were a noxious gas out of the tailpipe. But road designs can ...
Building Better Roads from the Ground Up A strong foundation is the key to a strong pavement structure By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor A pavement is only as strong as its foundation. Without an adequate base or foundation, a road simply cannot stand ...
Two for the Price of One Recycled concrete aggregate proves its value; but it demands an engineered approach. By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Recycled concrete aggregate (RCA) is a valuable resource for road owners and builders, both in terms of lowering costs and ...
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2271 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1272 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority625 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles590 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project560 Views