More Articles for full depth reclamation
Heavy Road Work Full depth reclamation saves aging roads struggling under heavy fracking loads By Tina Grady Barbaccia When energy companies began driving heavy truck traffic over rural Pennsylvania roads not built to withstand the weight, the state’s DOT charged a local contractor ...
What About Overlays? Agencies looking for dollar value balanced with road quality are looking at concrete overlays By Daniel C. Brown More than ever before, state departments of transportation (DOTs) and other roadbuilding agencies are choosing concrete overlays as a way to rehabilitate ...
A New Road at a Good Price By Daniel C. Brown, Contributing Editor The Utah Department of Transportation estimates that it saved more than $1.2 million with the Full Depth Reclamation (FDR) process for SR-68 near Saratoga Springs – compared to remove-and-replace reconstruction. FDR ...
Pavement triage By Kirk Landers Many southbound trips I take from my suburban Chicago home start with three miles of supremely bad road. The route’s main virtue is a lower volume of traffic than the main roads. It’s also more scenic and ...
- Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure projects669 Views
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)394 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D392 Views
- Seattle tests bikes as disaster relief (VIDEO)380 Views
- FHWA deploys bridge-inspecting robots296 Views