More Articles for freeze-thaw cycles
Today marks the first day of spring, but that doesn’t mean transportation agencies are done battling winter’s harsh effects on the roads. The past few months brought freeze-thaw cycles that scarred roads with potholes and winter storms that called for more ...
by John Latta, Tina Grady Barbaccia and Mike Anderson New Life Expectancy Self-curing concrete from Canada and long-lived bridge decks A more durable concrete that will increase the average lifespan of bridge decks by more than 20 years compared to typical high-strength concrete, ...
Playing The Cards You’re Dealt (when they’re not very good) How some city road managers cope with diminishing budgets By Kirk Landers With Stimulus money slowing to a trickle and local tax revenues still sagging, Better Roads interviewed a cross-section of city road managers ...
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1275 Views
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign1083 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1014 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...826 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones528 Views