More Articles for fracture critical
A recent Associated Press analysis of 607,380 bridges in the most recent federal National Bridge Inventory has proven 7,795 -- 1.2 percent -- of those bridges to be both structurally deficient and fracture critical. The report also found that 65,605 of ...
A disturbingly large number of America’s bridges are structurally deficient or functionally obsolete (see Better Roads’ November bridge inventory). But how many are “fracture-critical?” Washington State’s collapsed I-5 bridge was fracture-critical when it was hit by a heavily loaded truck. But ...
More than 200 of Washington state’s bridges are classified as fracture-critical and could collapse if a key component of the bridge fails, according to KUOW. Of those bridges, at least three have been struck multiple times in the past five years, ...
Bridge Climbing Engineers on ropes doing specialized structural inspections By Tina Grady Barbaccia Bridges that were once inaccessible by traditional methods can now be thoroughly inspected by engineers climbing and rappelling down the structures.When the floodgates of a large dam in Folsom, Calif., ...
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River626 Views
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency546 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs396 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business370 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update339 Views