More Articles for fracture critical
A recent Associated Press analysis of 607,380 bridges in the most recent federal National Bridge Inventory has proven 7,795 -- 1.2 percent -- of those bridges to be both structurally deficient and fracture critical. The report also found that 65,605 of ...
A disturbingly large number of America’s bridges are structurally deficient or functionally obsolete (see Better Roads’ November bridge inventory). But how many are “fracture-critical?” Washington State’s collapsed I-5 bridge was fracture-critical when it was hit by a heavily loaded truck. But ...
More than 200 of Washington state’s bridges are classified as fracture-critical and could collapse if a key component of the bridge fails, according to KUOW. Of those bridges, at least three have been struck multiple times in the past five years, ...
Bridge Climbing Engineers on ropes doing specialized structural inspections By Tina Grady Barbaccia Bridges that were once inaccessible by traditional methods can now be thoroughly inspected by engineers climbing and rappelling down the structures.When the floodgates of a large dam in Folsom, Calif., ...
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 20141017 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields348 Views
- Ford starts production of F-150 with CNG266 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers266 Views
- Construction industry avoids list of 10 worst jobs for the future262 Views