More Articles for fracture critical
A recent Associated Press analysis of 607,380 bridges in the most recent federal National Bridge Inventory has proven 7,795 -- 1.2 percent -- of those bridges to be both structurally deficient and fracture critical. The report also found that 65,605 of ...
A disturbingly large number of America’s bridges are structurally deficient or functionally obsolete (see Better Roads’ November bridge inventory). But how many are “fracture-critical?” Washington State’s collapsed I-5 bridge was fracture-critical when it was hit by a heavily loaded truck. But ...
More than 200 of Washington state’s bridges are classified as fracture-critical and could collapse if a key component of the bridge fails, according to KUOW. Of those bridges, at least three have been struck multiple times in the past five years, ...
Bridge Climbing Engineers on ropes doing specialized structural inspections By Tina Grady Barbaccia Bridges that were once inaccessible by traditional methods can now be thoroughly inspected by engineers climbing and rappelling down the structures.When the floodgates of a large dam in Folsom, Calif., ...
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2049 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1189 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project525 Views
- Why repair cracks when you can avoid them altogether?350 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans347 Views