More Articles for Florida DOT
All construction delivery methods have characteristics that may make them appealing, depending on the project’s needs and the owner’s desires for cost control, schedule and risk. It is important to note that, no matter what construction delivery method is selected for ...
Decoding the secrets of asphalt stripping and raveling By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Raveling describes the loss of aggregate from the driving surface of a bituminous concrete pavement. Loss of aggregate through raveling encourages pothole formation and cracking, which can introduce water ...
Super Tech 'Super' Structures From idea to ribbon cutting and beyond, technological breakthroughs are revolutionizing bridge superstructures. By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor New technologies – both active and passive, mechanical and electronic, as-built or retrofitted – are revolutionizing how bridge superstructures are designed, ...
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency548 Views
- Boxer outlines Senate priorities for long-term surface transportation bill394 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs392 Views
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River302 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update278 Views