More Articles for Florida DOT
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) will work through a public-private partnership to complete a $2.3 billion Interstate project, AASHTO Journal reports. The agency accepted a bid from 1-4 Mobility Partners, which will design, construct, finance, operate and maintain the I-4 ...
All construction delivery methods have characteristics that may make them appealing, depending on the project’s needs and the owner’s desires for cost control, schedule and risk. It is important to note that, no matter what construction delivery method is selected for ...
Decoding the secrets of asphalt stripping and raveling By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Raveling describes the loss of aggregate from the driving surface of a bituminous concrete pavement. Loss of aggregate through raveling encourages pothole formation and cracking, which can introduce water ...
Super Tech 'Super' Structures From idea to ribbon cutting and beyond, technological breakthroughs are revolutionizing bridge superstructures. By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor New technologies – both active and passive, mechanical and electronic, as-built or retrofitted – are revolutionizing how bridge superstructures are designed, ...
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign2173 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1331 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...944 Views
- Senate passes highway bill, vote sent back to house585 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones547 Views