More Articles for Farm-to-Market Roads
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) announced this week that it has decided to make changes to its proposal that would have transfered maintenance of nearly 1,900 miles of state highways to 59 cities. According to WacoTrib.com, the agency is making ...
Normally, when a gravel road starts seeing a lot of traffic, it earns enough street cred to be upgraded to asphalt. But Texas has this process a little backward. Instead of repairing an asphalt road in parts of South and West ...
Heavy Road Work Full depth reclamation saves aging roads struggling under heavy fracking loads By Tina Grady Barbaccia When energy companies began driving heavy truck traffic over rural Pennsylvania roads not built to withstand the weight, the state’s DOT charged a local contractor ...
At a crossroads The fate of our secondary roads may be in the balance. By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Against the backdrop of stalled federal surface transportation reauthorization and threats from reduced state and local funding, secondary roads are at an intersection. Secondary roads ...
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River595 Views
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency538 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs393 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business350 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update334 Views