More Articles for environmental stewardship
The Greening of America's Highways Words like sustainability, carbon footprint and environmental stewardship have dominated the construction industry for the past half-decade, driving some highway engineers to protest the buzz and beg their information sources to go back to covering advances ...
The Bridge as Bat Cave A sharp decline in bat numbers prompts Oregon’s Department of Transporation to build habitats into bridges. By Tina Grady Barbaccia Build a bridge, save a bat. That’s what the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) has done as part of ...
Hot, Cold and Green (and the 3Es) In-place pavement recycling meets a variety of needs. By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Green construction now is the No. 1 theme in roadbuilding, and hot-in-place pavement recycling (HIR) and cold-in-place pavement recycling (CIR) have taken on the ...
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs376 Views
- VIDEO: Foxx: ‘We should do more than just stabilize the Highway Trust Fund’322 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants269 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges203 Views
- DOT seeks innovative transportation tools153 Views