More Articles for environmental stewardship
The Greening of America's Highways Words like sustainability, carbon footprint and environmental stewardship have dominated the construction industry for the past half-decade, driving some highway engineers to protest the buzz and beg their information sources to go back to covering advances ...
The Bridge as Bat Cave A sharp decline in bat numbers prompts Oregon’s Department of Transporation to build habitats into bridges. By Tina Grady Barbaccia Build a bridge, save a bat. That’s what the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) has done as part of ...
Hot, Cold and Green (and the 3Es) In-place pavement recycling meets a variety of needs. By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Green construction now is the No. 1 theme in roadbuilding, and hot-in-place pavement recycling (HIR) and cold-in-place pavement recycling (CIR) have taken on the ...
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency507 Views
- Sen. Murray warns Highway Trust Fund insolvency 'threat is growing'408 Views
- Boxer outlines Senate priorities for long-term surface transportation bill393 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs352 Views
- AGC: Cars crashed into 45% of highway contractors' work zones in 2013253 Views