More Articles for environmental stewardship
The Greening of America's Highways Words like sustainability, carbon footprint and environmental stewardship have dominated the construction industry for the past half-decade, driving some highway engineers to protest the buzz and beg their information sources to go back to covering advances ...
The Bridge as Bat Cave A sharp decline in bat numbers prompts Oregon’s Department of Transporation to build habitats into bridges. By Tina Grady Barbaccia Build a bridge, save a bat. That’s what the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) has done as part of ...
Hot, Cold and Green (and the 3Es) In-place pavement recycling meets a variety of needs. By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Green construction now is the No. 1 theme in roadbuilding, and hot-in-place pavement recycling (HIR) and cold-in-place pavement recycling (CIR) have taken on the ...
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges382 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory339 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college327 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress218 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?189 Views