More Articles for Earmarks
With reauthorization less than a year away, many agencies are thinking about ways lawmakers can improve the new federal bill. Four American Public Works Association (APWA) Transportation Committee members joined last month at the APWA Congress and Exposition in Chicago, Illinois, ...
When it comes to transportation infrastructure, what is "relevant" and what is an "earmark?" The debate arises courtesy of Minnesota Republican Representative and former Presidential candidate Michelle Bachmann. And while the debate comes from a meeting where she spoke, it is ...
Politics with Earmarks While the citizenry and media of the United States focused on election polls and campaign rumors this summer, the U.S. Department of Transportation quietly announced that more than $470 million in unobligated earmark funds was being released to ...
Earmarks, those lump sums of money our elected representatives put into legislation to fund projects in their districts, part of good old fashioned pork barrel spending, can be a massive waste of highway funding and actually harm the building of ...
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges382 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory339 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college327 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress234 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?192 Views