More Articles for deficient bridges
Our exclusive survey of bridge conditions in the United States shows that every year the percentage of overall structurally deficient and functionally obsolete bridges slightly improves, but for most states consistent, guaranteed funding remains a major roadblock to making bigger ...
Of the 607,380 bridges on U.S. roadways in 2012, 25 percent were classified as deficient, according to the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO)’s testimony last week before the Senate Commitee on Appropriations’ Subcomittee on Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and ...
Getting Better all the Time America’s structurally deficient and functionally obsolete bridge count slowly, steadily falling By Tina Grady Barbaccia They aren’t numbers to throw a party for yet, but once again, the number of structurally deficient (SD) or functionally obsolete (FO) bridges ...
Ribbon-cutting congressman and special interests linked to collapsing transportation infrastructure in new report. By John Latta Instead of “build baby build”, a public interest group argues that America needs a “fix baby fix” attitude towards our transportation infrastructure. Maintenance and repair of ...
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River464 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business374 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: MoDOT employee finds a new way of transportation… skydiving336 Views
- Oklahoma DOT looks to Caltrans for bridge assessment advice307 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness279 Views