More Articles for crushed aggregate
Fatigue cracking usually links to inadequate road foundations By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Fatigue cracking in bituminous pavements is experienced by the public so often that it is considered just part of driving. Motorists endure it and assume it’s just part of ...
Do the Right Thin Thin asphalt overlays: Valuable versatility For a host of reasons, thin asphalt overlays are proving to be one of the most useful road treatments in the tool boxes of state and local transportation departments. Budget restraints have pressured ...
Good Results in Bad Times Pavement preservation expert Larry Galehouse talks about tools and strategies that make sense for surviving the Great Recession By Kirk Landers "In times like these, the pavement manager’s most basic strategy is to keep sound pavements sound and ...
Building Better Roads from the Ground Up A strong foundation is the key to a strong pavement structure By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor A pavement is only as strong as its foundation. Without an adequate base or foundation, a road simply cannot stand ...
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]919 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong862 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers633 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus381 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker352 Views