More Articles for crushed aggregate
Fatigue cracking usually links to inadequate road foundations By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Fatigue cracking in bituminous pavements is experienced by the public so often that it is considered just part of driving. Motorists endure it and assume it’s just part of ...
Do the Right Thin Thin asphalt overlays: Valuable versatility For a host of reasons, thin asphalt overlays are proving to be one of the most useful road treatments in the tool boxes of state and local transportation departments. Budget restraints have pressured ...
Good Results in Bad Times Pavement preservation expert Larry Galehouse talks about tools and strategies that make sense for surviving the Great Recession By Kirk Landers "In times like these, the pavement manager’s most basic strategy is to keep sound pavements sound and ...
Building Better Roads from the Ground Up A strong foundation is the key to a strong pavement structure By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor A pavement is only as strong as its foundation. Without an adequate base or foundation, a road simply cannot stand ...
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)805 Views
- Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure projects574 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D288 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign266 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says263 Views