More Articles for Contracting Officer (CO)
Contractor’s dewatering claim for $24 million dismissed based on failure to follow contract disputes act
In a recent case involving dewatering for the Army Corps of Engineers – Hanover Insurance Co. v. U.S. (U. S. Court of Federal Claims, May 27, 2014) – a federal court denied a contractor and surety’s claims for $24 million ...
Court denies government’s motion to dismiss contractor’s $1 million claim In the recent case of West Bay Builders, Inc. v. Dept. of the Interior (April 29, 2013), the government’s motion to dismiss West Bay Builders’ claim for almost $1 million was ...
Contractor’s appeal for $2.3 million denied because of improper claim The Spearin doctrine – which originates from the case United States v. Spearin – provides that contractors are not responsible for defective plans or specifications. Instead, the owner impliedly warrants the ...
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident1008 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles879 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse700 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side580 Views
- Traffic deaths down nearly 23 percent since 2005341 Views