More Articles for construction law
Court denies government’s motion to dismiss contractor’s $1 million claim In the recent case of West Bay Builders, Inc. v. Dept. of the Interior (April 29, 2013), the government’s motion to dismiss West Bay Builders’ claim for almost $1 million was ...
Improper bid award results in unsuccessful bidder being allowed to pursue damages against the City of New Orleans The requirements of public bidding laws are strictly construed against bidders who fail to comply with bid instructions and statutory requirements. Although minor ...
All Fall Down Pit fall by indepdendent contractor may be liability for general contractor In a recent California case involving the intersection of construction law, personal injury law and OSHA regulations — Tverberg v. Fillner Construction, Inc. (Jan. 26, 2012) — the ...
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2178 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1271 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority635 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles627 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project552 Views