More Articles for construction law
Court denies government’s motion to dismiss contractor’s $1 million claim In the recent case of West Bay Builders, Inc. v. Dept. of the Interior (April 29, 2013), the government’s motion to dismiss West Bay Builders’ claim for almost $1 million was ...
Improper bid award results in unsuccessful bidder being allowed to pursue damages against the City of New Orleans The requirements of public bidding laws are strictly construed against bidders who fail to comply with bid instructions and statutory requirements. Although minor ...
All Fall Down Pit fall by indepdendent contractor may be liability for general contractor In a recent California case involving the intersection of construction law, personal injury law and OSHA regulations — Tverberg v. Fillner Construction, Inc. (Jan. 26, 2012) — the ...
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts548 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse436 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers104 Views
- Construction worker stops wrong way driver, avoids potential disaster92 Views
- Keep your laws off our ditches78 Views