More Articles for construction law
Court denies government’s motion to dismiss contractor’s $1 million claim In the recent case of West Bay Builders, Inc. v. Dept. of the Interior (April 29, 2013), the government’s motion to dismiss West Bay Builders’ claim for almost $1 million was ...
Improper bid award results in unsuccessful bidder being allowed to pursue damages against the City of New Orleans The requirements of public bidding laws are strictly construed against bidders who fail to comply with bid instructions and statutory requirements. Although minor ...
All Fall Down Pit fall by indepdendent contractor may be liability for general contractor In a recent California case involving the intersection of construction law, personal injury law and OSHA regulations — Tverberg v. Fillner Construction, Inc. (Jan. 26, 2012) — the ...
- More states ban ET-Plus guardrail system463 Views
- Man survives excavator falling 60 feet from overpass200 Views
- S.C. highway construction worker killed in hit and run186 Views
- Cement shortage taking its toll on Minnesota projects149 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues128 Views