More Articles for construction law
Court denies government’s motion to dismiss contractor’s $1 million claim In the recent case of West Bay Builders, Inc. v. Dept. of the Interior (April 29, 2013), the government’s motion to dismiss West Bay Builders’ claim for almost $1 million was ...
Improper bid award results in unsuccessful bidder being allowed to pursue damages against the City of New Orleans The requirements of public bidding laws are strictly construed against bidders who fail to comply with bid instructions and statutory requirements. Although minor ...
All Fall Down Pit fall by indepdendent contractor may be liability for general contractor In a recent California case involving the intersection of construction law, personal injury law and OSHA regulations — Tverberg v. Fillner Construction, Inc. (Jan. 26, 2012) — the ...
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River628 Views
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency540 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs398 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business372 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update341 Views