More Articles for connected vehicles
Vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) technology will soon be included in all new cars. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) announced Monday that it plans to “begin taking steps to enable V2V communication technology for light vehicles.” NHTSA Acting Administrator David Friedman said the ...
Outgoing U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood said at a connected-vehicle conference in Ann Arbor, Michigan, that Americans’ acceptance of vehicle-to-vehicle communication will depend on the cost of the technology, Reuters reported. U.S. regulators believe the technology could help avoid or reduce ...
by Scott F. Belcher is president and CEO of the Intelligent Transportation Society of America As a follow up to my guest column last week on the issue of connected vehicles, and the FCC’s consideration of a plan to make the ...
Parsons Brinckerhoff has been selected to design and supervise deployment of technology infrastructure for a U.S. Department of Transportation (U.S. DOT) pilot program to study the potential of operating connected vehicles on the streets and highways of Ann Arbor, Mich. Called ...
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency536 Views
- Boxer outlines Senate priorities for long-term surface transportation bill391 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs387 Views
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River366 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update314 Views