More Articles for connected vehicles
Vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) technology will soon be included in all new cars. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) announced Monday that it plans to “begin taking steps to enable V2V communication technology for light vehicles.” NHTSA Acting Administrator David Friedman said the ...
Outgoing U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood said at a connected-vehicle conference in Ann Arbor, Michigan, that Americans’ acceptance of vehicle-to-vehicle communication will depend on the cost of the technology, Reuters reported. U.S. regulators believe the technology could help avoid or reduce ...
by Scott F. Belcher is president and CEO of the Intelligent Transportation Society of America As a follow up to my guest column last week on the issue of connected vehicles, and the FCC’s consideration of a plan to make the ...
Parsons Brinckerhoff has been selected to design and supervise deployment of technology infrastructure for a U.S. Department of Transportation (U.S. DOT) pilot program to study the potential of operating connected vehicles on the streets and highways of Ann Arbor, Mich. Called ...
- Road worker crushed and killed by concrete lane barrier256 Views
- Cincinnati bridge collapse kills construction worker, injures truck driver251 Views
- Obama calls for 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' doesn't mention gas tax increase126 Views
- VP Biden announces new steps to Build America Investment Initiative122 Views
- Michigan Senate votes to raise gas tax96 Views