More Articles for connected vehicles
Vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) technology will soon be included in all new cars. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) announced Monday that it plans to “begin taking steps to enable V2V communication technology for light vehicles.” NHTSA Acting Administrator David Friedman said the ...
Outgoing U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood said at a connected-vehicle conference in Ann Arbor, Michigan, that Americans’ acceptance of vehicle-to-vehicle communication will depend on the cost of the technology, Reuters reported. U.S. regulators believe the technology could help avoid or reduce ...
by Scott F. Belcher is president and CEO of the Intelligent Transportation Society of America As a follow up to my guest column last week on the issue of connected vehicles, and the FCC’s consideration of a plan to make the ...
Parsons Brinckerhoff has been selected to design and supervise deployment of technology infrastructure for a U.S. Department of Transportation (U.S. DOT) pilot program to study the potential of operating connected vehicles on the streets and highways of Ann Arbor, Mich. Called ...
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure223 Views
- Texas leads U.S. equipment purchases in Q3, sales down 19 percent from 201392 Views
- What causes the most damage to our nation’s bridges?84 Views
- California, Florida DOTs named winners of America's Transportation Awards83 Views
- Obama names new highway safety chief82 Views