More Articles for cold-mix asphalt
Roller-compacted concrete advances its invasion of pavements As roller-compacted concrete inexorably penetrates existing asphalt pavement markets, research into their composition and performance is ramping up as specifications are being fine-tuned by ASTM. Up to the past decade, roller-compacted concrete (RCC) mixes principally ...
How to handle materials, from the source to the site by Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor You’ve designed and are building a pavement to resist fatigue and thermal cracking, stripping and raveling in ways that are suggested in Better Roads’ five-part series. But ...
Solving the Riddle of RAP and Thermal Cracking By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Use of reclaimed asphalt pavement (RAP) in hot-, warm- and cold-mix asphalt is growing dramatically, as tests validate its use in ever-increasing quantities. But there are fears that higher quantities ...
Mill-And-Fill Math Making sure the numbers add up is the first step to a successful job That mill-and-fill job up for bid may seem the exact boost your company needs right now. It may very well be, says Terex Roadbuilding’s John West, but ...
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges392 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory341 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college327 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress234 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?193 Views