More Articles for cold-mix asphalt
Roller-compacted concrete advances its invasion of pavements As roller-compacted concrete inexorably penetrates existing asphalt pavement markets, research into their composition and performance is ramping up as specifications are being fine-tuned by ASTM. Up to the past decade, roller-compacted concrete (RCC) mixes principally ...
How to handle materials, from the source to the site by Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor You’ve designed and are building a pavement to resist fatigue and thermal cracking, stripping and raveling in ways that are suggested in Better Roads’ five-part series. But ...
Solving the Riddle of RAP and Thermal Cracking By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Use of reclaimed asphalt pavement (RAP) in hot-, warm- and cold-mix asphalt is growing dramatically, as tests validate its use in ever-increasing quantities. But there are fears that higher quantities ...
Mill-And-Fill Math Making sure the numbers add up is the first step to a successful job That mill-and-fill job up for bid may seem the exact boost your company needs right now. It may very well be, says Terex Roadbuilding’s John West, but ...
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2223 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1274 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project544 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans486 Views
- California drivers paying the price for deficient roads and bridges 311 Views