More Articles for Center for Public Integrity
Uh Oh By John Latta, Tina Grady Barbaccia and Mike Anderson The Great Recession has caused the steepest decline in state tax receipts on record. State tax coffers (even adjusting for inflation) are now 12 percent below pre-recession levels (as of third ...
Greenroads Rating sustainable road projects Road construction is a more than $80 billion annual industry in the United States. Yet nothing comparable to the LEED rating system for buildings, or the Energy Star system for appliances, existed for highways and roads. Until ...
The Center for Public Integrity describes itself a nonprofit organization dedicated to producing original, responsible investigative journalism on issues of public concern. The center says it is non-partisan and non-advocacy. "We are committed to transparent and comprehensive reporting in the ...
Lobbyists will spend close to $100 million this year trying to influence transportation funding. The transportation lobby spent at least $45 million in Washington in the first half of the year, most of it directed at trying to influence a new ...
- More states ban ET-Plus guardrail system471 Views
- Man survives excavator falling 60 feet from overpass200 Views
- S.C. highway construction worker killed in hit and run189 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues128 Views
- N.J. transportation commissioner calls for tax hike109 Views