More Articles for cell phones
So far most drivers in Madison, Wisconsin, have been happy with the Department of Transportation's new beltline signs. The DOT says the signs estimate travel times using detectors that track bluetooth signals coming from cars and/or cell phones. That information is ...
Bridge Climbing Engineers on ropes doing specialized structural inspections By Tina Grady Barbaccia Bridges that were once inaccessible by traditional methods can now be thoroughly inspected by engineers climbing and rappelling down the structures.When the floodgates of a large dam in Folsom, Calif., ...
Teen girls are twice as likely as teen boys to use cell phones and other electronic devices while driving, according to a new in-car video study released March 26 by the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety. Electronic ...
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood and Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Julius Genachowski announced today that they are launching a joint effort to evaluate technologies that may help curb the dangerous epidemic of distracted driving. The DOT-FCC partnership will also include ...
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes625 Views
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts544 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse495 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers178 Views
- 'Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over' holiday crackdown begins73 Views