More Articles for Cat Paving
A system that allows detection of thermal segregation in the asphalt mat, in real time, and records a thermal profile is now being used by some state Departments of Transportation. The reason is to eliminate inconsistent densities because freshly paved ...
Whether it’s dense-graded, open-graded or gap-graded mix or stone-matrix asphalt, don’t forget their impact on compaction. Many contractors look to temperature when contemplating compaction needs. Yet, some off-site specifications also have a significant impact on the jobsite. These include mix design ...
According to equipment industry leaders, successful paving projects at night start with three things: planning, planning and planning. By Mike Anderson Working all night” may sound like a long, drawn-out sentence for anyone punching a clock. For a paving crew, it’s anything ...
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes625 Views
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts544 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse495 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers178 Views
- 'Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over' holiday crackdown begins73 Views