More Articles for Brooklyn
At 130, the Brooklyn Bridge still does the job it was built for. by Doug Hecox and Josh Guterman, FHWA “Many believe the Brooklyn Bridge will last forever, but it won’t last without people continuing to keep it well maintained.” – NYCDOT’s Joannene ...
It was Dickens, or maybe Arthur Conan Doyle or Stephen Crane that had me, as a boy, intrigued by cobblestones. I'd never seen them, my hometown wasn't old enough, but they read well. I could hear them under the horses ...
Are traffic lights always preferable to stop signs? It's not a new debate, and this time it's a suburb in Brooklyn, New York, that is raising the issue. It seems cars speed through residential streets in Boerum Hill, and now some locals believe ...
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?435 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs399 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges186 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants171 Views
- Volvo partners with Lego Group155 Views