More Articles for Brooklyn
The Verrazano-Narrows bridge that connects Staten Island and Brooklyn will have its 50th birthday celebrated with an exhibit chronicling its construction. The Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) unveiled the exhibit , "Spanning the Narrows for Five Decades." It celebrates the half centennial of the ...
At 130, the Brooklyn Bridge still does the job it was built for. by Doug Hecox and Josh Guterman, FHWA “Many believe the Brooklyn Bridge will last forever, but it won’t last without people continuing to keep it well maintained.” – NYCDOT’s Joannene ...
It was Dickens, or maybe Arthur Conan Doyle or Stephen Crane that had me, as a boy, intrigued by cobblestones. I'd never seen them, my hometown wasn't old enough, but they read well. I could hear them under the horses ...
Are traffic lights always preferable to stop signs? It's not a new debate, and this time it's a suburb in Brooklyn, New York, that is raising the issue. It seems cars speed through residential streets in Boerum Hill, and now some locals believe ...
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges366 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory341 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college236 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress234 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?199 Views