More Articles for Brooklyn
At 130, the Brooklyn Bridge still does the job it was built for. by Doug Hecox and Josh Guterman, FHWA “Many believe the Brooklyn Bridge will last forever, but it won’t last without people continuing to keep it well maintained.” – NYCDOT’s Joannene ...
It was Dickens, or maybe Arthur Conan Doyle or Stephen Crane that had me, as a boy, intrigued by cobblestones. I'd never seen them, my hometown wasn't old enough, but they read well. I could hear them under the horses ...
Are traffic lights always preferable to stop signs? It's not a new debate, and this time it's a suburb in Brooklyn, New York, that is raising the issue. It seems cars speed through residential streets in Boerum Hill, and now some locals believe ...
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident948 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side532 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?520 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes440 Views
- Traffic deaths down nearly 23 percent since 2005362 Views