More Articles for Brooklyn
The Verrazano-Narrows bridge that connects Staten Island and Brooklyn will have its 50th birthday celebrated with an exhibit chronicling its construction. The Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) unveiled the exhibit , "Spanning the Narrows for Five Decades." It celebrates the half centennial of the ...
At 130, the Brooklyn Bridge still does the job it was built for. by Doug Hecox and Josh Guterman, FHWA “Many believe the Brooklyn Bridge will last forever, but it won’t last without people continuing to keep it well maintained.” – NYCDOT’s Joannene ...
It was Dickens, or maybe Arthur Conan Doyle or Stephen Crane that had me, as a boy, intrigued by cobblestones. I'd never seen them, my hometown wasn't old enough, but they read well. I could hear them under the horses ...
Are traffic lights always preferable to stop signs? It's not a new debate, and this time it's a suburb in Brooklyn, New York, that is raising the issue. It seems cars speed through residential streets in Boerum Hill, and now some locals believe ...
- Firearms to be used for road construction763 Views
- Highway Trust Fund 2014: Timeline of Events692 Views
- POLL: Majority of Americans would rather pay tolls than taxes595 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines578 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up481 Views