More Articles for bridge monitoring
Bridges across the nation are aging, with many now well past their projected life spans. Oklahoma’s bridges are among those aging structures. In the "Better Bridges 2013 Bridge Inventory," Better Roads reported that 14 percent of the state’s 7,664 bridges were either ...
Get smart New technology bringing new standards to measuring bridge conditions By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor "Smart” bridges are on the way for road agencies burdened with the responsibility of monitoring bridge conditions. Not-so-old technologies like ground penetrating radar (GPR), acoustic emissions testing and ...
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong988 Views
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]959 Views
- Homeless forced to relocate due to bridge construction459 Views
- A road without fibers is a road soon to be in need of repair435 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker342 Views