More Articles for bridge monitoring
Bridges across the nation are aging, with many now well past their projected life spans. Oklahoma’s bridges are among those aging structures. In the "Better Bridges 2013 Bridge Inventory," Better Roads reported that 14 percent of the state’s 7,664 bridges were either ...
Get smart New technology bringing new standards to measuring bridge conditions By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor "Smart” bridges are on the way for road agencies burdened with the responsibility of monitoring bridge conditions. Not-so-old technologies like ground penetrating radar (GPR), acoustic emissions testing and ...
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: MoDOT employee finds a new way of transportation… skydiving404 Views
- Oklahoma DOT looks to Caltrans for bridge assessment advice354 Views
- Obama to present Congress with proposed transportation reauthorization bill345 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness294 Views
- Roundabouts And Intersections: Two Traffic Control Devices, Many Options286 Views