More Articles for bridge monitoring
Bridges across the nation are aging, with many now well past their projected life spans. Oklahoma’s bridges are among those aging structures. In the "Better Bridges 2013 Bridge Inventory," Better Roads reported that 14 percent of the state’s 7,664 bridges were either ...
Get smart New technology bringing new standards to measuring bridge conditions By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor "Smart” bridges are on the way for road agencies burdened with the responsibility of monitoring bridge conditions. Not-so-old technologies like ground penetrating radar (GPR), acoustic emissions testing and ...
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges366 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress243 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college240 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?200 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road129 Views