More Articles for bridge monitoring
Bridges across the nation are aging, with many now well past their projected life spans. Oklahoma’s bridges are among those aging structures. In the "Better Bridges 2013 Bridge Inventory," Better Roads reported that 14 percent of the state’s 7,664 bridges were either ...
Get smart New technology bringing new standards to measuring bridge conditions By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor "Smart” bridges are on the way for road agencies burdened with the responsibility of monitoring bridge conditions. Not-so-old technologies like ground penetrating radar (GPR), acoustic emissions testing and ...
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths686 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers596 Views
- Elderly woman destroys newly poured road524 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines463 Views
- Jason Carter pushing for transportation sales tax330 Views