More Articles for bridge design
A new framework design could make bridges more resistant to earthquakes while speeding construction, Science Daily reports. The design, which aims to improve the performance of the columns and beams that support bridges, is based on research findings that will be ...
Speeding Up Time The multiple values of accelerated bridge replacement The cost of user delays in an era of unbridled traffic congestion is driving today’s fast-paced bridge erection technology, and it’s being encouraged by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) in partnership with ...
Making History Again When a historical bridge in Maine had to be demolished and rebuilt, the question was how to do it and still preserve a landmark By Tina Grady Barbaccia When the historical bridge in Norridgewock, Maine, had deteriorated to a point ...
All Together Now By Tina Grady Barbaccia A bridge project that started out under intense scrutiny in an environmentally- sensitive area is now being cheered and even has the locals putting their own touch on the bridge. The Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) ...
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2223 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1274 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project544 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans486 Views
- California drivers paying the price for deficient roads and bridges 311 Views