More Articles for bridge design
A new framework design could make bridges more resistant to earthquakes while speeding construction, Science Daily reports. The design, which aims to improve the performance of the columns and beams that support bridges, is based on research findings that will be ...
Speeding Up Time The multiple values of accelerated bridge replacement The cost of user delays in an era of unbridled traffic congestion is driving today’s fast-paced bridge erection technology, and it’s being encouraged by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) in partnership with ...
Making History Again When a historical bridge in Maine had to be demolished and rebuilt, the question was how to do it and still preserve a landmark By Tina Grady Barbaccia When the historical bridge in Norridgewock, Maine, had deteriorated to a point ...
All Together Now By Tina Grady Barbaccia A bridge project that started out under intense scrutiny in an environmentally- sensitive area is now being cheered and even has the locals putting their own touch on the bridge. The Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) ...
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure223 Views
- Texas leads U.S. equipment purchases in Q3, sales down 19 percent from 201392 Views
- What causes the most damage to our nation’s bridges?84 Views
- California, Florida DOTs named winners of America's Transportation Awards83 Views
- Obama names new highway safety chief82 Views