More Articles for bridge design
A new framework design could make bridges more resistant to earthquakes while speeding construction, Science Daily reports. The design, which aims to improve the performance of the columns and beams that support bridges, is based on research findings that will be ...
Speeding Up Time The multiple values of accelerated bridge replacement The cost of user delays in an era of unbridled traffic congestion is driving today’s fast-paced bridge erection technology, and it’s being encouraged by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) in partnership with ...
Making History Again When a historical bridge in Maine had to be demolished and rebuilt, the question was how to do it and still preserve a landmark By Tina Grady Barbaccia When the historical bridge in Norridgewock, Maine, had deteriorated to a point ...
All Together Now By Tina Grady Barbaccia A bridge project that started out under intense scrutiny in an environmentally- sensitive area is now being cheered and even has the locals putting their own touch on the bridge. The Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) ...
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax727 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards391 Views
- Boxer urges House Ways & Means Committee to save Highway Trust Fund367 Views
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party357 Views
- PHOTOS: Most gorgeous freeway ever?319 Views