More Articles for bridge conditions
Our exclusive survey of bridge conditions in the United States shows that every year the percentage of overall structurally deficient and functionally obsolete bridges slightly improves, but for most states consistent, guaranteed funding remains a major roadblock to making bigger ...
Three states join hands to upgrade lower Mississippi River bridges with ITS By John Latta Four major bridges over the lower Mississippi River are getting ITS upgrades, including a Doppler radar system that will measure currents, providing data to help eliminate barges ...
It's a Small, Smart World Nanotech era draws closer By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Nanotechnology offers long-term promise to boost performance of our highway, road and bridge infrastructure. New research is expanding and new applications are materializing. More recently, the long-term environmental impacts ...
Get smart New technology bringing new standards to measuring bridge conditions By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor "Smart” bridges are on the way for road agencies burdened with the responsibility of monitoring bridge conditions. Not-so-old technologies like ground penetrating radar (GPR), acoustic emissions testing and ...
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong975 Views
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]957 Views
- Homeless forced to relocate due to bridge construction433 Views
- A road without fibers is a road soon to be in need of repair408 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker342 Views