More Articles for bridge conditions
Our exclusive survey of bridge conditions in the United States shows that every year the percentage of overall structurally deficient and functionally obsolete bridges slightly improves, but for most states consistent, guaranteed funding remains a major roadblock to making bigger ...
Three states join hands to upgrade lower Mississippi River bridges with ITS By John Latta Four major bridges over the lower Mississippi River are getting ITS upgrades, including a Doppler radar system that will measure currents, providing data to help eliminate barges ...
It's a Small, Smart World Nanotech era draws closer By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Nanotechnology offers long-term promise to boost performance of our highway, road and bridge infrastructure. New research is expanding and new applications are materializing. More recently, the long-term environmental impacts ...
Get smart New technology bringing new standards to measuring bridge conditions By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor "Smart” bridges are on the way for road agencies burdened with the responsibility of monitoring bridge conditions. Not-so-old technologies like ground penetrating radar (GPR), acoustic emissions testing and ...
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges382 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory339 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college327 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress234 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?192 Views