More Articles for bridge climbing
Last year, Better Roads featured a story about engineers who inspect bridges by climbing the structures and using ropes to rappel down and access critical areas. The article, titled “Bridge Climbing,” detailed how climb-trained engineers from the Army Corps of Engineers ...
Bridge Climbing Engineers on ropes doing specialized structural inspections By Tina Grady Barbaccia Bridges that were once inaccessible by traditional methods can now be thoroughly inspected by engineers climbing and rappelling down the structures.When the floodgates of a large dam in Folsom, Calif., ...
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges360 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory328 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college311 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress158 Views
- SDLG to make backhoes, motor graders; machines will no longer have Volvo brand137 Views