More Articles for bridge climbing
Last year, Better Roads featured a story about engineers who inspect bridges by climbing the structures and using ropes to rappel down and access critical areas. The article, titled “Bridge Climbing,” detailed how climb-trained engineers from the Army Corps of Engineers ...
Bridge Climbing Engineers on ropes doing specialized structural inspections By Tina Grady Barbaccia Bridges that were once inaccessible by traditional methods can now be thoroughly inspected by engineers climbing and rappelling down the structures.When the floodgates of a large dam in Folsom, Calif., ...
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident952 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side537 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?504 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes437 Views
- Traffic deaths down nearly 23 percent since 2005360 Views