More Articles for bicycle safety
Bicycles have become more popular in recent years, with more bike routes approved each year, cities implementing laws to protect cyclists and even a ranking system in place to declare which state is most bike-friendly. With the growth of bicycle commuting, ...
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel on Wednesday proposed plans to the City Council to increase fines for bicyclists who disobey traffic laws and for motorists who open their doors in the path of bicycles, the Chicago Tribune reported. The fine for bicyclists ...
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood announced yesterday on his Fast Lane blog that the United States Department of Transportation (U.S. DOT) will host two bike safety summits this year as part of the department’s effort to help protect bicyclists on ...
They slam their heads into trees thousands of times a day. No brain damage and, as far as we know, no headaches. Woodpeckers. Now industrial designer Anirudha Surabhi has created a new, super-strong bike helmet, which protects cyclists’ heads by mimicking ...
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident948 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side532 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?520 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes440 Views
- Traffic deaths down nearly 23 percent since 2005362 Views