More Articles for asphalt mix
By Daniel C. Brown, Contributing Editor An Iowa-based contractor has won 80 percent of the available bonus payments on a successful 18-mile, two-lane asphalt paving project near Grinnell, Iowa. The Iowa Department of Transportation awarded Manatts Inc., Newton, a total of approximately ...
Innovating Out of the Recession Just before cold weather set in, Illinois-based Gallagher Asphalt demonstrated a new hot-in-place recycling (HIR) technology for the City of Chicago. Unlike traditional HIR processes, which heat and rejuvenate surface asphalt in place, the new Gallagher process ...
Do the Right Thin Thin asphalt overlays: Valuable versatility For a host of reasons, thin asphalt overlays are proving to be one of the most useful road treatments in the tool boxes of state and local transportation departments. Budget restraints have pressured ...
Where the Rubber is the Road Rubberized asphalt paves the way for happy taxpayers and road travelers . . . even four-legged ones By Mike Anderson Over the past 20 years, Gary Shaw spent considerable time educating people in his rural Ontario, Canada ...
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident865 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?552 Views
- VIDEO: With streaking flash of explosives, mile-long bridge collapses in 3 seconds497 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes444 Views
- Traffic deaths down nearly 23 percent since 2005354 Views