More Articles for asphalt mix
By Daniel C. Brown, Contributing Editor An Iowa-based contractor has won 80 percent of the available bonus payments on a successful 18-mile, two-lane asphalt paving project near Grinnell, Iowa. The Iowa Department of Transportation awarded Manatts Inc., Newton, a total of approximately ...
Innovating Out of the Recession Just before cold weather set in, Illinois-based Gallagher Asphalt demonstrated a new hot-in-place recycling (HIR) technology for the City of Chicago. Unlike traditional HIR processes, which heat and rejuvenate surface asphalt in place, the new Gallagher process ...
Do the Right Thin Thin asphalt overlays: Valuable versatility For a host of reasons, thin asphalt overlays are proving to be one of the most useful road treatments in the tool boxes of state and local transportation departments. Budget restraints have pressured ...
Where the Rubber is the Road Rubberized asphalt paves the way for happy taxpayers and road travelers . . . even four-legged ones By Mike Anderson Over the past 20 years, Gary Shaw spent considerable time educating people in his rural Ontario, Canada ...
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges382 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory339 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college327 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress234 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?192 Views