More Articles for asphalt industry
By Daniel C. Brown Correctly running recycled asphalt shingles (RAS) and reclaimed asphalt pavement (RAP) at the same time can be a tricky business. The main economic advantage to doing so, of course, is that you replace expensive virgin binder with ...
The Greening of America's Highways Words like sustainability, carbon footprint and environmental stewardship have dominated the construction industry for the past half-decade, driving some highway engineers to protest the buzz and beg their information sources to go back to covering advances ...
Weighing the Options ‘Back to gravel’ doesn’t have to be the only choice for a failing road … even if funds are scarce. By Mike Anderson Ken Skorseth isn’t down on asphalt; he’s up on options for cash-strapped agencies facing expiring or deteriorating ...
WV Specialty Chemicals Division has launched “Behind the Screed,” a blog site dedicated to communicating new advances in MWV Evotherm warm-mix additive. Warm-mix asphalt has many documented benefits to the environment, to paving contractors and to construction ...
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges369 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress253 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college242 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?201 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road133 Views