More Articles for Ames Engineering
Diamond grooving and grinding are being used to restore rough or polished concrete pavements to ultrasmooth conditions and quell noise – but at a price. By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor Diamond grooving and grinding of aging portland cement concrete (PCC) pavement renews ...
Profilometer Testing on Chicago's I-290: Stone matrix asphalt overlay vs. conventional diamond grinding
In September 2011, Ames Engineering of Ames, Iowa conducted profile testing of three lanes of I-290 between Austin Blvd. and Sacramento Blvd. in both directions. Previously, in 2010, this section of roadway had both a Stone Matrix Asphalt (SMA) overlay ...
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges392 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory341 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college327 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress234 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?193 Views