More Articles for alternative transportation
Funds are available to private, non-profit or and governmental entities for transportation needs of elderly persons and persons with disabilities for whom mass transportation services are “unavailable, insufficient or inappropriate,” says the Nebraska Department of Roads. The program is designed to ...
Transportation projects in Massachusetts will soon include a wider variety of transportation options such as bicycling, transit and walking, thanks to a new approach from the Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT). MassDOT announced today that it is implementing a new policy, ...
Americans want to see increased funding for public transportation, according to survey data released this month from the American Public Transportation Association and the Mineta Transportation Institute. The results showed that 73.6 percent of respondents strongly supported use of taxes “for ...
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel proposed on July 28 a City ordinance that would require drivers to come to a full stop when a pedestrian is crossing an intersection with no traffic signal or stop sign, rather than ...
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party401 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards389 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax313 Views
- Construction company called out for substandard concrete267 Views
- PHOTOS: Most gorgeous freeway ever?238 Views