More Articles for alternative transportation
Funds are available to private, non-profit or and governmental entities for transportation needs of elderly persons and persons with disabilities for whom mass transportation services are “unavailable, insufficient or inappropriate,” says the Nebraska Department of Roads. The program is designed to ...
Transportation projects in Massachusetts will soon include a wider variety of transportation options such as bicycling, transit and walking, thanks to a new approach from the Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT). MassDOT announced today that it is implementing a new policy, ...
Americans want to see increased funding for public transportation, according to survey data released this month from the American Public Transportation Association and the Mineta Transportation Institute. The results showed that 73.6 percent of respondents strongly supported use of taxes “for ...
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel proposed on July 28 a City ordinance that would require drivers to come to a full stop when a pedestrian is crossing an intersection with no traffic signal or stop sign, rather than ...
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure223 Views
- Texas leads U.S. equipment purchases in Q3, sales down 19 percent from 201392 Views
- What causes the most damage to our nation’s bridges?84 Views
- California, Florida DOTs named winners of America's Transportation Awards83 Views
- Obama names new highway safety chief82 Views