More Articles for alternate bidding
Alternate bidding is a complex subject, but a new white paper, Keys to a Successful Alternate Bidding Process, breaks it down for contractors and agencies. It outlines the procedures set up by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and covers the factors ...
A special report from the American Concrete Pavement Association, exclusively for Better Roads magazine. by Leif Wathne, P.E., vice president of highways and federal affairs, American Concrete Pavement Association As agencies face dwindling resources and ongoing cost increases, new approaches to pavement ...
Inside alternate bidding Missouri Department of Transportation formula creates competition and saves money, too. By Daniel Brown, Contributing Editor This definitely keeps people on their toes,” says John Donahue, P.E., construction and materials liaison engineer with the Missouri DOT. “We are getting more ...
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1209 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1043 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse740 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...688 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones504 Views