More Articles for alternate bidding
Alternate bidding is a complex subject, but a new white paper, Keys to a Successful Alternate Bidding Process, breaks it down for contractors and agencies. It outlines the procedures set up by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and covers the factors ...
A special report from the American Concrete Pavement Association, exclusively for Better Roads magazine. by Leif Wathne, P.E., vice president of highways and federal affairs, American Concrete Pavement Association As agencies face dwindling resources and ongoing cost increases, new approaches to pavement ...
Inside alternate bidding Missouri Department of Transportation formula creates competition and saves money, too. By Daniel Brown, Contributing Editor This definitely keeps people on their toes,” says John Donahue, P.E., construction and materials liaison engineer with the Missouri DOT. “We are getting more ...
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts556 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes530 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse490 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers139 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects75 Views