More Articles for Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities
Many state transportation agencies are likely getting nervous about a new reimbursement plan from the U.S. Department of Transportation, set to begin in less than a month. But the Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities (AKDOT&PF) isn’t worried, Juneau ...
It’s no secret that extreme winter weather can drive up costs, forcing state transportation departments to think creatively when looking for effective solutions within their budgets. American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) President and Secretary of the Kentucky ...
By Tina Grady Barbaccia The Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities (ADOT&PF) in partnership with the University of Minnesota Intelligent Transportation Systems Institute developed a pilot project using an Intelligent Specialty Vehicle System (ISVS) for winter maintenance vehicles. The ISVS ...
Looks like even with the stimulus, some states are going to have to tighten their belts when it comes to transportation funding. Doesn't seem to make much sense, does it? I thought the stimulus was supposed provide MORE money to allow ...
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident952 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side537 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?504 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes437 Views
- Traffic deaths down nearly 23 percent since 2005360 Views