More Articles for Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities
Many state transportation agencies are likely getting nervous about a new reimbursement plan from the U.S. Department of Transportation, set to begin in less than a month. But the Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities (AKDOT&PF) isn’t worried, Juneau ...
It’s no secret that extreme winter weather can drive up costs, forcing state transportation departments to think creatively when looking for effective solutions within their budgets. American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) President and Secretary of the Kentucky ...
By Tina Grady Barbaccia The Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities (ADOT&PF) in partnership with the University of Minnesota Intelligent Transportation Systems Institute developed a pilot project using an Intelligent Specialty Vehicle System (ISVS) for winter maintenance vehicles. The ISVS ...
Looks like even with the stimulus, some states are going to have to tighten their belts when it comes to transportation funding. Doesn't seem to make much sense, does it? I thought the stimulus was supposed provide MORE money to allow ...
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]907 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong829 Views
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths738 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers629 Views
- Elderly woman destroys newly poured road465 Views