More Articles for aggregate gradation
Processing and storage makes reclaimed asphalt pavement and recycled concrete aggregate useful as aggregate. By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor In the past two decades, reclaimed asphalt pavement (RAP) and recycled concrete aggregate (RCA) have taken their places among materials commonly used for ...
How to handle materials, from the source to the site by Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor You’ve designed and are building a pavement to resist fatigue and thermal cracking, stripping and raveling in ways that are suggested in Better Roads’ five-part series. But ...
The Second Time Around Recycled materials need analysis, characterization By Tom Kuennen, Contributing Editor There is no stopping the growth of recycled and reclaimed materials in pavements. The use of reclaimed asphalt pavement (RAP), reclaimed asphalt shingles (RAS), recycled concrete aggregate (RCA), and recycled ...
The Greening of America's Highways Words like sustainability, carbon footprint and environmental stewardship have dominated the construction industry for the past half-decade, driving some highway engineers to protest the buzz and beg their information sources to go back to covering advances ...
- VIDEOS: Michigan DOT debunks transportation myths with ‘Reality Check’ series947 Views
- Volvo partners with Lego Group352 Views
- Transportation Secretary Foxx expects next few months to be ‘rough’ for funding talks346 Views
- Doosan launches Tier 4 Final non-DPF compact diesel engines201 Views
- Manitou previews MHT 1490 telescopic handler at ConExpo-Con/Agg147 Views