Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)
Amanda Bayhi | May 16, 2013
What’s the best way to catch the attention of drivers and alert them to stop? Use a giant water curtain with a projection of a stop sign.
According to Jalopnik, Sydney, Australia, began installing the water curtains six years ago in response to costly damages and delays caused by oversized trucks crashing into low overhead tunnels.
News 10 reported that truck drivers ignored previous warning signs, including flashing lights. However, the water curtains seem to catch their attention.
Laservision, a light show company in Australia, worked with the city to install the water curtains in 2007.
Check out the video below to see the water curtain in action.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident914 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?559 Views
- VIDEO: With streaking flash of explosives, mile-long bridge collapses in 3 seconds550 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side497 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes453 Views