Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)
Amanda Bayhi | May 16, 2013
What’s the best way to catch the attention of drivers and alert them to stop? Use a giant water curtain with a projection of a stop sign.
According to Jalopnik, Sydney, Australia, began installing the water curtains six years ago in response to costly damages and delays caused by oversized trucks crashing into low overhead tunnels.
News 10 reported that truck drivers ignored previous warning signs, including flashing lights. However, the water curtains seem to catch their attention.
Laservision, a light show company in Australia, worked with the city to install the water curtains in 2007.
Check out the video below to see the water curtain in action.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party478 Views
- MnDOT up a creek without a paddle due to mine expansion223 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax219 Views
- Highway and bridge construction starts on the rise in September162 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues112 Views