Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)
Amanda Bayhi | May 16, 2013
What’s the best way to catch the attention of drivers and alert them to stop? Use a giant water curtain with a projection of a stop sign.
According to Jalopnik, Sydney, Australia, began installing the water curtains six years ago in response to costly damages and delays caused by oversized trucks crashing into low overhead tunnels.
News 10 reported that truck drivers ignored previous warning signs, including flashing lights. However, the water curtains seem to catch their attention.
Laservision, a light show company in Australia, worked with the city to install the water curtains in 2007.
Check out the video below to see the water curtain in action.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)1952 Views
- Road commission worker killed by motor grader1144 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers859 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project422 Views
- Why repair cracks when you can avoid them altogether?355 Views