Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)
Amanda Bayhi | May 16, 2013
What’s the best way to catch the attention of drivers and alert them to stop? Use a giant water curtain with a projection of a stop sign.
According to Jalopnik, Sydney, Australia, began installing the water curtains six years ago in response to costly damages and delays caused by oversized trucks crashing into low overhead tunnels.
News 10 reported that truck drivers ignored previous warning signs, including flashing lights. However, the water curtains seem to catch their attention.
Laservision, a light show company in Australia, worked with the city to install the water curtains in 2007.
Check out the video below to see the water curtain in action.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River673 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs395 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business378 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update348 Views
- Illinois governor unveils 6-year, $8.6 billion transportation investment plan209 Views