Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)
Amanda Bayhi | May 16, 2013
What’s the best way to catch the attention of drivers and alert them to stop? Use a giant water curtain with a projection of a stop sign.
According to Jalopnik, Sydney, Australia, began installing the water curtains six years ago in response to costly damages and delays caused by oversized trucks crashing into low overhead tunnels.
News 10 reported that truck drivers ignored previous warning signs, including flashing lights. However, the water curtains seem to catch their attention.
Laservision, a light show company in Australia, worked with the city to install the water curtains in 2007.
Check out the video below to see the water curtain in action.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign1608 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1289 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1021 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...851 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones534 Views