Superthin Concrete Overlays
Better Roads Staff
The discussions also covered workmanship, mixture designs, equipment considerations, and specifications. At the end of the full-day event, the task force was divided into smaller groups that will focus on education and training (primarily to arm contractors with as much information as possible); specifications (to look at existing specs and evaluate gaps and other needs); and technology transfer (with the aim of creating an RCC database and other resources to communicate RCC technology and best practices).
Notwithstanding enthusiasm and a strong interest in roller-compacted concrete, ACPA says it is not a replacement for conventional forms of concrete paving (notably jointed-plain and continuously reinforced concrete pavements) but a complementary technology that should be considered seriously for certain roadway, industrial, and parking lot applications, among others.
MORE FROM Featured Articles
- Rand Paul introduces bill to fund emergency transportation projects475 Views
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)461 Views
- Tesla Model S earns top ratings from Consumer Reports428 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign261 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says256 Views