Step away from the computer and pick up the phone TODAY
The TCC is callers to make the following points:
- (Name of state) has huge transportation needs that are not being met, including deficient bridges, deteriorating pavements, congested roads and safety hazards. America’s infrastructure is literally crumbling and with it our economic competitiveness.
- In addition, the construction industry has an unemployment rate of more than 18 percent.
- Without the certainty of a long term authorization bill, with increased funding levels, construction companies and material suppliers in our state will be forced to lay off additional workers.
- Businesses will not invest in new equipment when there is so much uncertainty about the on- going and future construction market.
- Congress must do its job and delay no longer. Pass a multi-year transportation authorization bill now and provide the revenue necessary to increase funding to address (name of state) short term need for jobs and long term economic growth.
- In addition, the TCC is delivering a letter to Congress today signed by its members’ various state-affiliated organizations and chapters as well as other business and civic groups urging action on a multi-year, surface transportation reauthorization. A downloadble PDF of the letter can be viewed here.