Spiderman-clad 5-year-old takes highway scooter ride in wee hours
Tina Grady Barbaccia | September 10, 2010
It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s a 5-year-old boy in Spiderman jammies riding is scooter along a Southern Illinois highway.
The boy was picked up by Jackson County sheriff’s deputies along Old Illinois 23 in Murphysboro, Ill., at about 2 a.m. Sept. 8 after receiving 911 calls about the child, according to an Associated Press report.
Investigators said the boy reportedly left home without his parents’ knowledge to visit a friend in Carbondale, about seven miles away, according to the AP report. The boy was picked up by deputies about two miles into the ride, but which involved traveling on two major highways, according to the report. –Tina Grady Barbaccia
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]801 Views
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths739 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers619 Views
- Elderly woman destroys newly poured road533 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus385 Views