Spiderman-clad 5-year-old takes highway scooter ride in wee hours
Tina Grady Barbaccia | September 10, 2010
It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s a 5-year-old boy in Spiderman jammies riding is scooter along a Southern Illinois highway.
The boy was picked up by Jackson County sheriff’s deputies along Old Illinois 23 in Murphysboro, Ill., at about 2 a.m. Sept. 8 after receiving 911 calls about the child, according to an Associated Press report.
Investigators said the boy reportedly left home without his parents’ knowledge to visit a friend in Carbondale, about seven miles away, according to the AP report. The boy was picked up by deputies about two miles into the ride, but which involved traveling on two major highways, according to the report. –Tina Grady Barbaccia
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax720 Views
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party401 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards389 Views
- Construction company called out for substandard concrete267 Views
- Gov. Scott Walker considers replacing Wisconsin's gas tax247 Views