Spiderman-clad 5-year-old takes highway scooter ride in wee hours
Tina Grady Barbaccia | September 10, 2010
It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s a 5-year-old boy in Spiderman jammies riding is scooter along a Southern Illinois highway.
The boy was picked up by Jackson County sheriff’s deputies along Old Illinois 23 in Murphysboro, Ill., at about 2 a.m. Sept. 8 after receiving 911 calls about the child, according to an Associated Press report.
Investigators said the boy reportedly left home without his parents’ knowledge to visit a friend in Carbondale, about seven miles away, according to the AP report. The boy was picked up by deputies about two miles into the ride, but which involved traveling on two major highways, according to the report. –Tina Grady Barbaccia
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party469 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax247 Views
- Success regardless of gender: Kari Karst’s BX Civil & Construction209 Views
- MnDOT up a creek without a paddle due to mine expansion208 Views
- Highway and bridge construction starts on the rise in September177 Views