Some North Carolina drivers can “NOLY” turn right
Amanda Bayhi | July 1, 2014
Some drivers in Cornelius, N.C., were amused yesterday when they found a misspelling in a newly-constructed right turn lane, according to WBTV.
The error, which tells drivers to turn right “NOLY” instead of “ONLY,” was attributed to a job finished well ahead of schedule. According to the report, the project was expected to take 32 hours to complete, but workers finished the job in 18 hours.
The misspelling has likely been corrected by now, but the report points out that it made its rounds on social media while it was still visible.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- More states ban ET-Plus guardrail system471 Views
- Man survives excavator falling 60 feet from overpass200 Views
- S.C. highway construction worker killed in hit and run189 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues128 Views
- N.J. transportation commissioner calls for tax hike109 Views