Some North Carolina drivers can “NOLY” turn right
Amanda Bayhi | July 1, 2014
Some drivers in Cornelius, N.C., were amused yesterday when they found a misspelling in a newly-constructed right turn lane, according to WBTV.
The error, which tells drivers to turn right “NOLY” instead of “ONLY,” was attributed to a job finished well ahead of schedule. According to the report, the project was expected to take 32 hours to complete, but workers finished the job in 18 hours.
The misspelling has likely been corrected by now, but the report points out that it made its rounds on social media while it was still visible.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax705 Views
- PHOTOS: Most gorgeous freeway ever?701 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards473 Views
- Boxer urges House Ways & Means Committee to save Highway Trust Fund395 Views
- Construction company called out for substandard concrete259 Views