Some North Carolina drivers can “NOLY” turn right
Amanda Bayhi | July 1, 2014
Some drivers in Cornelius, N.C., were amused yesterday when they found a misspelling in a newly-constructed right turn lane, according to WBTV.
The error, which tells drivers to turn right “NOLY” instead of “ONLY,” was attributed to a job finished well ahead of schedule. According to the report, the project was expected to take 32 hours to complete, but workers finished the job in 18 hours.
The misspelling has likely been corrected by now, but the report points out that it made its rounds on social media while it was still visible.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]941 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong931 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker339 Views
- A road without fibers is a road soon to be in need of repair310 Views
- Homeless forced to relocate due to bridge construction301 Views