Some North Carolina drivers can “NOLY” turn right
Amanda Bayhi | July 1, 2014
Some drivers in Cornelius, N.C., were amused yesterday when they found a misspelling in a newly-constructed right turn lane, according to WBTV.
The error, which tells drivers to turn right “NOLY” instead of “ONLY,” was attributed to a job finished well ahead of schedule. According to the report, the project was expected to take 32 hours to complete, but workers finished the job in 18 hours.
The misspelling has likely been corrected by now, but the report points out that it made its rounds on social media while it was still visible.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party449 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax313 Views
- Success regardless of gender: Kari Karst’s BX Civil & Construction209 Views
- Gov. Scott Walker considers replacing Wisconsin's gas tax192 Views
- Flagman caught boozing on the job184 Views