Some North Carolina drivers can “NOLY” turn right
Amanda Bayhi | July 1, 2014
Some drivers in Cornelius, N.C., were amused yesterday when they found a misspelling in a newly-constructed right turn lane, according to WBTV.
The error, which tells drivers to turn right “NOLY” instead of “ONLY,” was attributed to a job finished well ahead of schedule. According to the report, the project was expected to take 32 hours to complete, but workers finished the job in 18 hours.
The misspelling has likely been corrected by now, but the report points out that it made its rounds on social media while it was still visible.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2210 Views
- Wrongly fired DOT employees return to work1367 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority778 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles689 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans516 Views