SnowEx: Walk-behind broadcast spreader
Tina Grady Barbaccia | May 22, 2011
The new SP-65 walk-behind broadcast spreader from SnowEx has a 100-pound capacity and is ideal for use on sidewalks, driveways and other tight applications.
Capable of handling bagged rock salt and pelletized material, the spreader includes a noncorrosive polyethylene hopper with a single-slot port design and extra-wide throat opening. A convenient adjustment lever on the handle allows accurate control of the feed rate.
Featuring a 10-inch plastic spinner and heavy-duty Nylatron gear drive, the unit spreads up to 12 feet wide. Large, 13-inch-diameter pneumatic tires make the unit easy to push.
Also included is a top screen to prevent large chunks from entering the hopper and a clear hopper cover, which protects the material from weather elements, while allowing the operator to easily monitor levels.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: MoDOT employee finds a new way of transportation… skydiving395 Views
- Oklahoma DOT looks to Caltrans for bridge assessment advice343 Views
- Obama to present Congress with proposed transportation reauthorization bill331 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness294 Views
- Roundabouts And Intersections: Two Traffic Control Devices, Many Options285 Views