SnowEx: Walk-behind broadcast spreader
Tina Grady Barbaccia | May 22, 2011
The new SP-65 walk-behind broadcast spreader from SnowEx has a 100-pound capacity and is ideal for use on sidewalks, driveways and other tight applications.
Capable of handling bagged rock salt and pelletized material, the spreader includes a noncorrosive polyethylene hopper with a single-slot port design and extra-wide throat opening. A convenient adjustment lever on the handle allows accurate control of the feed rate.
Featuring a 10-inch plastic spinner and heavy-duty Nylatron gear drive, the unit spreads up to 12 feet wide. Large, 13-inch-diameter pneumatic tires make the unit easy to push.
Also included is a top screen to prevent large chunks from entering the hopper and a clear hopper cover, which protects the material from weather elements, while allowing the operator to easily monitor levels.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges368 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress252 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college242 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?200 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road133 Views