SnowEx introduces SS-4000 walk-behind rotary broom for sidewalk applications
Amanda Bayhi | September 24, 2013
A 160cc Honda GXV Series engine powers the unit.
A floating pivotal broom head with five angle settings gives the operator the ability to adjust the trajectory of snow and other materials, while a centrally-driven, 16-inch-diameter broom allows the unit to work against obstacles such as curbs or walls.
Brush rotation speed is infinitely adjustable, and pneumatic support wheel adjusts down pressure.
A 40-inch front-mounted blade attachment comes standard with the SS-4000, allowing for use in heavier snow conditions. A unique pin system simplifies installation and removal.
The unit features user-friendly controls, seven-position height-adjustable handlebars, three forward gears and one reverse gear. A locking differential helps the SS-4000 drive in a straight path, while a freewheel feature allows for 360-degree turning.
The frame of the SS-4000 folds and the wheels are easily removable for storage.
Other features include winter-tread tires and a corrosion-resistant paint finish.
An optional debris collector box is also available for catching material during cleanup applications.
MORE FROM New Road Products
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1243 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1053 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...771 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse751 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones518 Views