Share winter weather stories, get a trip to the CMAs
Tina Grady Barbaccia | February 25, 2013
Whether enduring the ice and snow or withstanding chilling winds, every cold weather worker faces challenges. The Cintas & Carhartt Cold Crew Contest, which awards you for sharing your story, closes on Feb. 28.
Cintas Corp. launched the second annual Cintas & Carhartt Cold Crew Contest to recognize individuals in the United States and Canada and Canada who withstand the toughest winter working conditions. After the contest closes, Cintas and Carhartt will select finalists and begin public voting at the contest website. The grand prize winner will be announced in April, and he or she will enjoy a trip for two to the 2013 CMA Music Festival, June 6-9, in Nashville, Tenn.
The Cintas & Carhartt Cold Crew Contest was first launched in December 2011 in conjunction with the release of the company’s Rental Active Jacket. Hundreds of entries were collected, and the public selected Brooke Boyer, a wastewater treatment plant supervisor from Mt. Shasta, Calif., as the grand prize winner.
Make sure you send me your story as well. I’d love to post some of the interesting – or crazy – experiences you’ve had while dealing with a winter event. Send me pictures, too, if you have them, to email@example.com.
By the way, if you win this contest, take pictures and send them to me, too. (Or invite me along. Just kidding.)
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs385 Views
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?385 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges193 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants174 Views
- DOT seeks innovative transportation tools153 Views