Share winter weather stories, get a trip to the CMAs
Tina Grady Barbaccia | February 25, 2013
Whether enduring the ice and snow or withstanding chilling winds, every cold weather worker faces challenges. The Cintas & Carhartt Cold Crew Contest, which awards you for sharing your story, closes on Feb. 28.
Cintas Corp. launched the second annual Cintas & Carhartt Cold Crew Contest to recognize individuals in the United States and Canada and Canada who withstand the toughest winter working conditions. After the contest closes, Cintas and Carhartt will select finalists and begin public voting at the contest website. The grand prize winner will be announced in April, and he or she will enjoy a trip for two to the 2013 CMA Music Festival, June 6-9, in Nashville, Tenn.
The Cintas & Carhartt Cold Crew Contest was first launched in December 2011 in conjunction with the release of the company’s Rental Active Jacket. Hundreds of entries were collected, and the public selected Brooke Boyer, a wastewater treatment plant supervisor from Mt. Shasta, Calif., as the grand prize winner.
Make sure you send me your story as well. I’d love to post some of the interesting – or crazy – experiences you’ve had while dealing with a winter event. Send me pictures, too, if you have them, to email@example.com.
By the way, if you win this contest, take pictures and send them to me, too. (Or invite me along. Just kidding.)
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]915 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong856 Views
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths745 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers633 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus380 Views