Setting the record straight
A message from Gary Fore, vice president for Environment, Health, and Safety of the National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA):
The lead story in the May 7 edition of Better Roads’ eRoadPro included a misleading headline, which we see has since been corrected in the online archive.
The original headline “Liquid asphalt binder cement may be included in new toxic substances legislation” was incorrect. There is no reason to believe that liquid asphalt binder will addressed directly in this legislation.
The news item which Better Roads referenced was based on an item in the April 28 issue of ActionNews, the e-newsletter of the National Asphalt Pavement Association. The subject of the ActionNews item was proposed legislation that would shift the burden of assessing chemical safety away from EPA and into the hands of producers or manufacturers.
NAPA thanks Better Roads and ERoadPro for correcting the record.
MORE FROM Industry
- Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure projects663 Views
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)396 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D392 Views
- Seattle tests bikes as disaster relief (VIDEO)373 Views
- FHWA deploys bridge-inspecting robots293 Views