Senate Transportation Committee considers Foxx nomination
Amanda Bayhi | June 10, 2013
The Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation is scheduled to meet today to consider the nomination of Anthony Foxx for Secretary of Transportation.
Senator John Thune (R-SD), ranking member of the committee, issued a statement last week announcing the committee’s business meeting.
“I appreciate Mayor Foxx’s willingness to serve as our next Transportation Secretary and look forward to supporting his nomination at next week’s committee markup…. and working directly with Mayor Foxx if he is confirmed as our next Secretary of Transportation,” Thune said in his statement.
Read Thune’s full statement at commerce.senate.gov.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges382 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory339 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college327 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress234 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?192 Views