Senate Transportation Committee considers Foxx nomination
Amanda Bayhi | June 10, 2013
The Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation is scheduled to meet today to consider the nomination of Anthony Foxx for Secretary of Transportation.
Senator John Thune (R-SD), ranking member of the committee, issued a statement last week announcing the committee’s business meeting.
“I appreciate Mayor Foxx’s willingness to serve as our next Transportation Secretary and look forward to supporting his nomination at next week’s committee markup…. and working directly with Mayor Foxx if he is confirmed as our next Secretary of Transportation,” Thune said in his statement.
Read Thune’s full statement at commerce.senate.gov.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party470 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax248 Views
- MnDOT up a creek without a paddle due to mine expansion212 Views
- Highway and bridge construction starts on the rise in September179 Views
- ADA Angst over pavement preservation127 Views