Senate Transportation Committee considers Foxx nomination
Amanda Bayhi | June 10, 2013
The Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation is scheduled to meet today to consider the nomination of Anthony Foxx for Secretary of Transportation.
Senator John Thune (R-SD), ranking member of the committee, issued a statement last week announcing the committee’s business meeting.
“I appreciate Mayor Foxx’s willingness to serve as our next Transportation Secretary and look forward to supporting his nomination at next week’s committee markup…. and working directly with Mayor Foxx if he is confirmed as our next Secretary of Transportation,” Thune said in his statement.
Read Thune’s full statement at commerce.senate.gov.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign2230 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1301 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...982 Views
- Senate passes highway bill, vote sent back to house616 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones530 Views