Senate Transportation Committee considers Foxx nomination
Amanda Bayhi | June 10, 2013
The Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation is scheduled to meet today to consider the nomination of Anthony Foxx for Secretary of Transportation.
Senator John Thune (R-SD), ranking member of the committee, issued a statement last week announcing the committee’s business meeting.
“I appreciate Mayor Foxx’s willingness to serve as our next Transportation Secretary and look forward to supporting his nomination at next week’s committee markup…. and working directly with Mayor Foxx if he is confirmed as our next Secretary of Transportation,” Thune said in his statement.
Read Thune’s full statement at commerce.senate.gov.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2210 Views
- Wrongly fired DOT employees return to work1367 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority777 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles689 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans516 Views