Senate Transportation Committee approves Foxx nomination
Amanda Bayhi | June 11, 2013
The Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation on Monday unanimously approved the nomination of Anthony Foxx for Secretary of Transportation.
At the committee’s business meeting, where it considered Foxx for the USDOT position and Penny Pritzker as Secretary of Commerce, Committee Chairman Jay Rockefeller (D-WV) urged his colleagues to move quickly with the approval process.
“Mayor Foxx and Ms. Pritzker are two excellent nominees for key administration posts,” Rockefeller said, “I urge my colleagues to act quickly now to schedule votes on their nominations.”
According to WBTV, Foxx told the committee in his opening statement that he wants to continue with outgoing Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood’s multimodal approach to transportation and infrastructure.
Foxx needs 60 votes from the Senate to be confirmed as Secretary of Transportation.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign2230 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1301 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...946 Views
- Senate passes highway bill, vote sent back to house617 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones530 Views