Senate to consider DOT, HUD spending bill next week
Amanda Bayhi | July 19, 2013
The Senate next week will take up the spending bill for the Departments of Transportation (USDOT) and Housing and Urban Development (HUD), according to a report from The Hill.
The $54 billion budget, known as the THUD bill, is expected to clear the Senate.
The Senate bill is $9.9 billion higher than the $44.1 billion bill the House is considering. The House bill is still awaiting consideration in the full House.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts555 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes530 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse473 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers138 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects75 Views