Senate to consider DOT, HUD spending bill next week
Amanda Bayhi | July 19, 2013
The Senate next week will take up the spending bill for the Departments of Transportation (USDOT) and Housing and Urban Development (HUD), according to a report from The Hill.
The $54 billion budget, known as the THUD bill, is expected to clear the Senate.
The Senate bill is $9.9 billion higher than the $44.1 billion bill the House is considering. The House bill is still awaiting consideration in the full House.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident976 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles970 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse710 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side563 Views
- President Obama to urge for private investments304 Views