Senate to consider DOT, HUD spending bill next week
Amanda Bayhi | July 19, 2013
The Senate next week will take up the spending bill for the Departments of Transportation (USDOT) and Housing and Urban Development (HUD), according to a report from The Hill.
The $54 billion budget, known as the THUD bill, is expected to clear the Senate.
The Senate bill is $9.9 billion higher than the $44.1 billion bill the House is considering. The House bill is still awaiting consideration in the full House.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River628 Views
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency540 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs398 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business372 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update341 Views