Senate scheduled to vote on Foxx USDOT nomination this week
Amanda Bayhi | June 24, 2013
The Senate is set to vote this week on the confirmation of Anthony Foxx for Secretary of Transportation, The Hill reported.
According to the report, Foxx is expected to be easily confirmed after the Senate’s transportation committee unanimously approved the nomination earlier this month.
Foxx’s May confirmation hearing with the committee, which concluded smoothly, as well as a photo Senator Mitch McConnell tweeted of himself and the mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina, both indicate that the USDOT nominee is likely to receive confirmation from the Senate.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs385 Views
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?385 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges193 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants174 Views
- DOT seeks innovative transportation tools153 Views