Senate scheduled to vote on Foxx USDOT nomination this week
Amanda Bayhi | June 24, 2013
The Senate is set to vote this week on the confirmation of Anthony Foxx for Secretary of Transportation, The Hill reported.
According to the report, Foxx is expected to be easily confirmed after the Senate’s transportation committee unanimously approved the nomination earlier this month.
Foxx’s May confirmation hearing with the committee, which concluded smoothly, as well as a photo Senator Mitch McConnell tweeted of himself and the mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina, both indicate that the USDOT nominee is likely to receive confirmation from the Senate.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts554 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes537 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse479 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers137 Views
- Keep your laws off our ditches75 Views