Senate scheduled to vote on Foxx USDOT nomination this week
Amanda Bayhi | June 24, 2013
The Senate is set to vote this week on the confirmation of Anthony Foxx for Secretary of Transportation, The Hill reported.
According to the report, Foxx is expected to be easily confirmed after the Senate’s transportation committee unanimously approved the nomination earlier this month.
Foxx’s May confirmation hearing with the committee, which concluded smoothly, as well as a photo Senator Mitch McConnell tweeted of himself and the mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina, both indicate that the USDOT nominee is likely to receive confirmation from the Senate.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2228 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1257 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project560 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans491 Views
- How to protect roadworkers from hearing loss338 Views