Senate scheduled to vote on Foxx USDOT nomination this week
Amanda Bayhi | June 24, 2013
The Senate is set to vote this week on the confirmation of Anthony Foxx for Secretary of Transportation, The Hill reported.
According to the report, Foxx is expected to be easily confirmed after the Senate’s transportation committee unanimously approved the nomination earlier this month.
Foxx’s May confirmation hearing with the committee, which concluded smoothly, as well as a photo Senator Mitch McConnell tweeted of himself and the mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina, both indicate that the USDOT nominee is likely to receive confirmation from the Senate.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax707 Views
- PHOTOS: Most gorgeous freeway ever?701 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards473 Views
- Boxer urges House Ways & Means Committee to save Highway Trust Fund395 Views
- Construction company called out for substandard concrete259 Views