Senate expected to confirm Foxx as Transportation Secretary today
Amanda Bayhi | June 27, 2013
The Senate is expected to confirm Anthony Foxx as Transportation Secretary today around 11:30 a.m. Eastern Time, according to a report from WSOC-TV.
President Obama nominated Foxx for the position in April, noting Foxx’s established name and respect from peers as key points that would help Foxx be successful as Secretary of Transportation if confirmed.
Following a May confirmation hearing, the Senate Transportation Committee approved Obama’s nomination of Foxx earlier this month.
A vote from the full Senate is the last step in confirming Foxx as the new Transportation Secretary. Foxx needs 60 votes from the Senate to be confirmed.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]915 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong854 Views
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths745 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers633 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus422 Views