Senate expected to confirm Foxx as Transportation Secretary today
Amanda Bayhi | June 27, 2013
The Senate is expected to confirm Anthony Foxx as Transportation Secretary today around 11:30 a.m. Eastern Time, according to a report from WSOC-TV.
President Obama nominated Foxx for the position in April, noting Foxx’s established name and respect from peers as key points that would help Foxx be successful as Secretary of Transportation if confirmed.
Following a May confirmation hearing, the Senate Transportation Committee approved Obama’s nomination of Foxx earlier this month.
A vote from the full Senate is the last step in confirming Foxx as the new Transportation Secretary. Foxx needs 60 votes from the Senate to be confirmed.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2163 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1248 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project515 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans448 Views
- Why repair cracks when you can avoid them altogether?341 Views