Senate Appropriations Committee to discuss I-5 bridge collapse
Amanda Bayhi | June 10, 2013
The hearing, “Crumbling Infrastructure: Examining the Challenges of our Outdated and Overburdened Highways and Bridges,” will look at the bridge collapse in the context of the overall status of the nation’s transportation infrastructure.
Federal Highway Administrator Victor Mendez and U.S. Department of Transportation Under Secretary for Policy Polly Trottenberg are scheduled to testify.
The hearing is scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. on June 13. The live webcast will be available on the committee’s website.
For more information, visit appropriations.senate.gov.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- No charges filed after woman kills construction worker273 Views
- Ohio worker’s death creates urgency on inspecting NJ bridges126 Views
- Cincinnati bridge collapse kills construction worker, injures truck driver124 Views
- Fingers crossed: Senate highway bill could be unveiled soon119 Views
- Obama calls for 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' doesn't mention gas tax increase111 Views