Senate Appropriations Committee to discuss I-5 bridge collapse
Amanda Bayhi | June 10, 2013
The hearing, “Crumbling Infrastructure: Examining the Challenges of our Outdated and Overburdened Highways and Bridges,” will look at the bridge collapse in the context of the overall status of the nation’s transportation infrastructure.
Federal Highway Administrator Victor Mendez and U.S. Department of Transportation Under Secretary for Policy Polly Trottenberg are scheduled to testify.
The hearing is scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. on June 13. The live webcast will be available on the committee’s website.
For more information, visit appropriations.senate.gov.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- More states ban ET-Plus guardrail system422 Views
- Driver Beware: America's 5 most haunted roads215 Views
- Man survives excavator falling 60 feet from overpass206 Views
- S.C. highway construction worker killed in hit and run189 Views
- Ray LaHood: 'We need a big pot of money' to fix America’s roads and bridges150 Views