Senate Appropriations Committee to discuss I-5 bridge collapse
Amanda Bayhi | June 10, 2013
The hearing, “Crumbling Infrastructure: Examining the Challenges of our Outdated and Overburdened Highways and Bridges,” will look at the bridge collapse in the context of the overall status of the nation’s transportation infrastructure.
Federal Highway Administrator Victor Mendez and U.S. Department of Transportation Under Secretary for Policy Polly Trottenberg are scheduled to testify.
The hearing is scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. on June 13. The live webcast will be available on the committee’s website.
For more information, visit appropriations.senate.gov.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEOS: Michigan DOT debunks transportation myths with ‘Reality Check’ series803 Views
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?503 Views
- Volvo partners with Lego Group350 Views
- Doosan launches Tier 4 Final non-DPF compact diesel engines175 Views
- DOT Chief Foxx points to $2.5 billion for transit in Obama’s proposed budget159 Views