Senate Appropriations Committee to discuss I-5 bridge collapse
Amanda Bayhi | June 10, 2013
The hearing, “Crumbling Infrastructure: Examining the Challenges of our Outdated and Overburdened Highways and Bridges,” will look at the bridge collapse in the context of the overall status of the nation’s transportation infrastructure.
Federal Highway Administrator Victor Mendez and U.S. Department of Transportation Under Secretary for Policy Polly Trottenberg are scheduled to testify.
The hearing is scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. on June 13. The live webcast will be available on the committee’s website.
For more information, visit appropriations.senate.gov.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party478 Views
- MnDOT up a creek without a paddle due to mine expansion222 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax220 Views
- Highway and bridge construction starts on the rise in September162 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues110 Views