Senate Appropriations Committee to discuss I-5 bridge collapse
Amanda Bayhi | June 10, 2013
The hearing, “Crumbling Infrastructure: Examining the Challenges of our Outdated and Overburdened Highways and Bridges,” will look at the bridge collapse in the context of the overall status of the nation’s transportation infrastructure.
Federal Highway Administrator Victor Mendez and U.S. Department of Transportation Under Secretary for Policy Polly Trottenberg are scheduled to testify.
The hearing is scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. on June 13. The live webcast will be available on the committee’s website.
For more information, visit appropriations.senate.gov.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts556 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes545 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse493 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers141 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects75 Views