Senate Appropriations Committee to discuss I-5 bridge collapse
Amanda Bayhi | June 10, 2013
The hearing, “Crumbling Infrastructure: Examining the Challenges of our Outdated and Overburdened Highways and Bridges,” will look at the bridge collapse in the context of the overall status of the nation’s transportation infrastructure.
Federal Highway Administrator Victor Mendez and U.S. Department of Transportation Under Secretary for Policy Polly Trottenberg are scheduled to testify.
The hearing is scheduled to begin at 10 a.m. on June 13. The live webcast will be available on the committee’s website.
For more information, visit appropriations.senate.gov.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles988 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse741 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones361 Views
- President Obama to urge for private investments289 Views
- Can you believe how much bad roads cost Texas drivers?282 Views