Scott J. Diehl named VP of Urban Engineers
Tina Grady Barbaccia | August 17, 2011
Urban Engineers, Inc. has named Scott J. Diehl, P.E., P.T.O.E., A.I.C.P., vice president. Diehl brings more than 18 years of experience to the position, and will continue as the firm’s chief traffic engineer responsible for managing traffic efforts throughout the company.
Since joining Urban in 2007, Diehl has taken on increasing responsibilities, focusing primarily on expanding the firm’s traffic-related services and capabilities. He has an extensive background in transportation engineering with experience primarily focused on planning and operations projects with an emphasis on using simulation. Projects typically range from small-scale traffic impact and intersection and highway feasibility studies to detailed analysis and design of entire transportation systems with the integration of land use planning.
Diehl is a professional engineer in New Jersey, Maryland, and Delaware; a professional traffic operations engineer; and is certified by the American Institute of Certified Planners. He is also a member of the Institute of Transportation Engineers, Mid-Atlantic Section (MASITE); American Planning Association (APA); and the Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE). Diehl earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Delaware and his Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Virginia.
MORE FROM Industry
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency548 Views
- Boxer outlines Senate priorities for long-term surface transportation bill394 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs392 Views
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River302 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update278 Views