Saw Seal Machine saws, cleans and seals multiple joints in new concrete
Amanda Bayhi | February 14, 2014
Saw Seal has introduced its Saw Seal Machine, which saws, cleans and seals multiple joints simultaneously in new concrete pavement.
Unveiled at World of Concrete last month, the machine features a blade-only contact method that controls cracking as the concrete cures.
The machine’s HEPA filtration vacuum system collects dust and airborne silica and stores it in a 55-gallon drum, while a compressed air nozzle cleans and dries the joint.
A Crafco EZ Series II 1500 melter applies sealant in the final stage based on the joint dimensions and travel speed of the machine.
MORE FROM New Road Products
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River463 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business373 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: MoDOT employee finds a new way of transportation… skydiving332 Views
- Oklahoma DOT looks to Caltrans for bridge assessment advice281 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness272 Views